Steve is an experienced senior manager and consultant with an extensive values based leadership portfolio. Steve has an
accomplished career, particularly in the local government sector, implementing and managing leading practices in governance, risk & compliance, organisational development, corporate planning, media and communication management and OHS service provision.
Steve’s consultancy experience has focused on delivering value to clients through the prism of ethical leadership to drive outcomes in effective governance, process integrity, structure and behaviours.
His particular skills lie in engaging communication and drawing from processes and people to sustainably solve challenging issues. Steve is also an engaging and lively trainer, drawing on his extensive background, in topics around ethics and governance.
Areas of Specialisation
• Corporate governance
• Cultural transformation
• Leadership and Influence
• Training and development
• Strategic and business planning and reporting
• Mediation and facilitation
• Community and stakeholder engagement
• Benchmarking and gap analysis
• Quality management systems
• Risk and OHS management
• Roll out of Your Professional Obligations ethics workshop series with Victorian State Government Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure
• Extensive experience in Local Government, including leadership of strategic planning and annual reporting processes
• Subject matter expert on implementation of good governance frameworks and policies at all levels of the organisation
• Management of responses and organisational change initiatives associated with integrity agency interactions
• Development and conduct of service reviews.
• Media and communications management, including critical issues, community engagement framework and internal communications,
• Roll out of OHS and enterprise risk management systems;
• Co-facilitation of ‘on boarding’ for newly elected local government councillors
• Management of Extensive contribution as a member of industry committees and groups, and as a mentor to personnel across a variety of roles.
Steve is a Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD), an accredited Mediator NMAS, holds Bachelor of Business in Local Government (RMIT) and Graduate Diploma in Quality Management (RMIT); and has completed Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training (Swinburne).
He is also a member of the Institute of Public Administration Australia, LEADR Association of Dispute Resolvers, and Local Government Professionsls.