Senior Consultant, Victoria
David is a uniquely experienced management consultant, adviser, trainer and executive coach with more than 25 years’ corporate governance, risk management, ethics, assurance experience in the public and private sectors including at ANZ Bank, Tabcorp and the Victorian Auditor General.
David is a former long term Chief Audit Executive of Australia Post where he transformed the internal audit service into a strategically relevant value adding team of trusted advisors and leaders for the business. At Australia Post he managed the Board Audit & Risk Committee program and had significant interface with the Chairman of the Board, Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee and other Directors – he also a member of the organisation’s Ethics Committee and Risk Management Committee.
David displays exceptional communication and leadership skills and has significant insight into human behaviour and personal mastery a gained both as a people leader and developer in the workplace and as a long term Men’s Program leader, executive coach and mentor.
David has a strong education profile which includes a Master’s Degree in Technology and an Accounting degree, he is certified in Neuro Linguistic Programming and Breathwork, is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Fellow of CPA Australia, a Certified Information System Auditor and MIIA.
Areas of Specialisation
Governance, Risk, Ethics, Compliance and Assurance
- Extensive senior executive experience in assurance, risk management and ethics.
- Extensive experience working collaboratively with Directors and “C suite” executives
- Leadership development and coaching expertise
- Responsible for identifying significant $ millions in cross company cost reductions through business process improvement and rationalisation
- Re-engineered and repositioned the internal audit function into a better practice, customer focused team delivering strategically aligned assurance, risk and other advisory outcomes
- Collaboratively influenced the deployment of an enterprise Risk Management Framework, Corporate Ethics framework and facilitator of strategic planning and enterprise risk management processes
- roll out of Your Professional Obligations as a Public Servant ethics program with DTPLI
- roll out of ethical leadership training at Victorian Building Authority
- senior consultant with roll out of ethics training at Woodside
- steering committee member at Australia Post for roll out of ethical leadership program for senior leaders and development of e Learning program
David holds the following qualifications: FCPA, GAICD, CISA, MIIA B.Bus (Accounting), MBus (IT)